Saqr Port is committed to performing all its duties and tasks in a timely, positive and cost-effective manner, balancing the needs and expectations of stakeholders to ensure the Port remains a vibrant contributor to the economy of the region. Saqr Port is also committed to continuous improvement in the performance of its tasks, in its use of resources to accomplish them, and to maintaining its registration under the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard.
To this end it is Board policy that Saqr Port shall:
- Measure performance as a basis for establishing improvements in key areas and regularly review and report key performance indicators.
- Maintain a safe regulatory regime for port and marine operations, which is paramount to Saqr Port’s role, investigate all reported incidents in accordance with documented procedures, and initiate formal warnings or legal proceedings where appropriate.
- Keep in place Safety Management Systems based on formal risk assessment; review hazards and risk control measures regularly, with input from customers, stakeholders and Saqr Port staff.
- Consult regularly with port users, both individually and in groups, to remain aware of customer requirements.
- Encourage feedback from customers and stakeholders, and ensure that any possible improvements in systems or procedures are fully considered and, where appropriate, put into effect.
- Review all byelaws, directions and other regulations at no longer than three yearly intervals to ensure they remain appropriate.
- Fully consult customers, stakeholders and staff on any changes being considered and invite suggestions for improvement.
- Establish a set of objectives for the improvement of services and operations.
- Regularly review the progress in achieving the objectives at senior management and Board level.
- Operate at all times openly and transparently in the overall long-term interests of the Port’s stakeholders.
- Comply with all legal requirements and pursue established best practice.
Further, as Saqr Port’s services depend upon the quality of its staff, Saqr Port is dedicated to the training and continuous development of all its people.
This Quality Policy was approved by Saqr Port on 1st March 2010 and will be reviewed at no longer than three-yearly intervals.